Keywords: data, architecture, analytics, information technology
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to build and expand our team of advanced analytics experts. You will work in Talent Base primarily as a consultant in various customer assignments, but also support the company in our internal development projects.
In typical customer assignments, your responsibilities typically include designing, building, and optimizing data platforms, as well as making data available for all relevant parties. The ideal candidate is therefore an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. In customer assignments, the Data Engineer will mainly work with a team of software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists and support them on customer data initiatives and ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
Internally at Talent Base, you get to participate in building up the Advanced Analytics competence and customer offering. We therefore expect you to have some pioneering spirit, to be self-directed, as well as have experience from consulting work.
Typical responsibilities for Data Engineer consist of the following:
- Design, create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources, typically using cloud (AWS, Azure) technologies.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our own as well as our customers’ data systems.
Qualifications for Data Engineer:
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience in programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala.
- Experience with physical data modeling and data warehouse design
- Having experience from working with unstructured datasets is a plus but by no means mandatory.
What we offer:
- World leading frameworks to build your talent on
- An exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company in a key role
- Competitive salary package including bonuses
- Great benefits including healthcare insurance, recreational benefits & pension plan
- Personal competence development budget
- Professional colleagues who are great at what they do and eager to welcome you to the team
- Casual, fun and dynamic company culture with a lot of autonomy
- Opportunities for career advancement as we grow
Since Talent Base was founded in 2007, we constantly work to offer all of our employees the best work environment possible and have an outspoken non-corporate company culture. As part of the team you will get a chance to identify and contribute to or lead internal strategic initiatives to grow the business and in particular the service area that you work within.
Does this sound good? Let us hear from you!
We are eagerly waiting to receive your application titled “Data Engineer” in English either via the form below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org as we are reviewing candidates ongoing.